Yesterday, Prince and I were at the Google Agency Cert-A-Thon, an event organized by Google designed to help MarketingComms Professionals (Like us) ramp up on the latest and greatest in Google ads platforms and products. D’Podium International Event Center, venue of the Cert-A-Thon was beautifully decorated with elements of the Google brand. I was very impressed.
Fast forward to the presentations, delivered with skill and grace, attendees were taken through a series of topics and case studies. The presentations were very insightful, (explains why we spent the whole day there), facilitators were pleasant and patient, responding to all our queries like “Google”.
The Cert-A-Thon started with a brief background on Google, its platforms, products and partners, and then we moved to the presentations. We started out with an introduction to the digital world, we were exposed to the benefits of online marketing and what other global agencies were doing to create awareness and drive sales. The facilitator identified various advertising trends in 2019, some of which are – assistive experience, machine learning and immersive experiences.
Time and space will not permit me to chronicle my experience, but I will leave you with some of the key insights that were shared at the Cert-A-Thon:
- Most popular apps are used for communications and social media.
- Websites are still the place where customers take action, yet 80-90% of websites still don’t function well on mobile.
- Machine learning is transforming businesses- online and offline.
- 20% of searches in the google app are done through voice.
- In 2015, 18 to 49-year-olds spent 74% more time watching YouTube than the year before.
- Online video is now the easiest way to reach customers.
- YouTube has over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
Prince and I enjoyed the experience at the Cert-A-Thon a great deal and we even look forward to more experiences like this.